Lessons consist of files that you upload and attach to them. You can upload any type of file including static ppt or pdf files, audio files, and video files. You can also embed links to more interactive learning applications when supported.
Creating a Lesson is quite simple, just follow this few steps:
- Once you've created a course you can immediately begin building the first lesson - it will, by default, be ready to start with. First, click inside the Title field to add a Title.
2. Proceed to building out the content for this Lesson. Content is saved automatically. You can add content in several ways:
- Simply type or copy/paste content within the Content field.
- You can also choose to provide a link to content.
- Pictures may be imported and embedded in the Content field. Or files can be uploaded as attachments.
*Our Content field supports the following extensions:
- For video: .webm, .mkv, .flv, .vob, .ogv, .ogg, .avi, .mov, .qt, .wmv, .asf, .mp4, .m4p, .m4v, .mpg, .mpeg, .m2v, .svi, .3gp, .3g2, .flv, .f4v, .f4p, .f4a, .f4b, .gif.
- For other files: .doc, .docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, .pdf, .jpg, .png, .jpeg.
3. Add one or multiple lessons by clicking on the +Add a new lesson to this course button.
*PlayVox supports most standard file formats including audio and video files.
You've created a Lesson! 👏
Copying/Importing and editing an existing Lesson
You might want to include existing Lessons into a course, to do so:
1. Click on the "Copy existing lesson" to import the content of an existing Lesson from another course. Once imported, you can edit name and content as required for the new lesson.
2. In the search option that appears type in the name of the lesson or scroll through the library of choices > click on the Lesson to be copied.
The content, including attached files for that Lesson, will appear to the right within a Preview window.
3. Verify that this is the content you wish to copy. Click on the green Copy button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
The new Lesson will appear in the Lesson list in the left column with the Lesson content in the right column.
Deleting a Lesson in PlayVox's Learning Module
1. Click on the delete 🗑 icon in the Lessons' column.
2. Select the "Yes, delete lesson" red button.
Now that you know how to create, copy/edit and delete a lesson, let's continue with Creating a Quiz.
Still not an expert? Here more on our Learning Module:
- Creating a Course
- Enrolling Employees Into a Learning Session
- Monitoring Learning Sessions' Progress and Outcomes
- Knowledge Database (Notebooks and Notes)
Last Edited: 01.29.2019