FYI: * You will need data from the Freshdesk's account owner. As you set up PlayVox’s software, you’ll be named an admin user.
- Similarly, if you’d like to set up a new integration, then you’ll be required to be a PlayVox admin user as well.
This is the data you’ll be asked for during the integration:
Name: it is the connector’s name - you may have multiple connections and it is important for you to be able to properly identify them (i.e. Freshdesk’s chat 1, India’s emails, Technical support chat, etc.).
A walkthrough on how to get Freshdesk’s required data:
Log into Freshdesk (remember it must be with an Admin’s account) > in the browser window copy the first part of the web address just before the point (.) and the word freshdesk > paste in the required space by PlayVox (Account) > Go to My Dashboard (in Freshdesk) > Go to profile setting > Copy Your API Key and paste in the required space (API token) > click Accept
PlayVox's API Consumption for Freshdesk's Integration
PlayVox consumes API like so:
- 1 request for every 100 tickets
- 1 request for every time entry
- 1 request for every 100 satisfaction ratings
- 1 request for every 100 products
- 1 request for every 100 groups
- 1 request for every custom field
Additionally, every time you want to see a ticket's details this will be the consumption:
- 1 request for all ticket details
- 1 request for all ticket fields
- 1 request for all time entries
- 1 request for all satisfaction ratings
Please note that: The number of API calls per hour is based on your Freshdesk's plan.
About the credentials you need:
Supported Operation Mode for Freshdesk's Integration
This integration supports batch mode, which allows a wider range of filters, included advanced/customized filters based on tickets’ Metadata. In this case, we retrieve and store Metadata in our platform and it’s used to build filters and their resulting ticket list - if there’s sensitive metadata you don’t want to be stored by PlayVox, then you can contact your CSM and request for it not to be saved. Tickets’ in-depth details are only retrieved on-demand when you explore them within our platform - it is never stored at our end.
Now that you have all the data you’ll need, you can continue with the integration process.
About the data we process, it is transmitted using encrypted TLSv1.2 over HTTPS and data at rest is kept encrypted using industry standard AES-256 on EBS Volumes in Amazon Web Services (AWS) facilities in the USA.
If you’d like to read more, we have articles on:
- Find out what you can do with Freshdesk + PlayVox
- Integration’s FAQs article
- Integrating PlayVox with Customer Interaction platforms
Last Edited: 08.13.19