FYI: * You will need data from the Kustomer's account admin. As you set up PlayVox’s software, you’ll be named an admin user.
- Similarly, if you’d like to set up a new integration, then you’ll be required to be a Playvox admin user as well.
This is the data you’ll be asked for during the integration:
A walkthrough on how to get Kustomer’s required data:
1. Name: This is the label to identify your integration with Kustomer in Playvox. Add a descriptive name.
2. API Key: All requests to the Kustomer API are authenticated using an API token that is included with the Authorization header of your request.
Go to the login page in Kustomer (remember it must be with an Admin’s account)
Admins can manage API keys from within Kustomer from the API Keys settings page. To access this page: Select the Settings icon in the left navigation bar to open the Settings panel then select Settings and then select API Keys.
When creating a new key, you can select an API role and apply a friendly label to the key. Roles are useful to limit the operations requests using that key can perform.
Playvox requires next API roles:
API roles can be defined in a less granular way:
Or even one general API role:
Set the Expire option to No Expiration if you want to avoid create a new API key in a specific timeframe.
3. Domain: Go to the login page in Kustomer (remember it must be with an Admin’s account) > in the browser window copy the first part of the web address just before the point (.) and the word Kustomer > paste in the required space by Playvox > copy email address and password and paste them in the required spaces > click Accept
PlayVox's API Consumption for Kustomer's Integration
FYI - Kustomer limits the number of API requests that can be made in a short period of time. API rate limits differ by pricing tier.
PlayVox consumes API like so:
- 1 request for 100 tickets
Additionally, every time you want to see a ticket's details this will be the consumption:
- 1 request per conversation
- 1 request per customer
- 1 request per attachment
- 1 request for all messages
- 1 request for all notes
- 1 request for all tags
- 1 request for all additional metadata
Supported Operation Mode for Kustomer's Integration
This integration supports batch mode, which allows a wider range of filters, included advanced/customized filters based on tickets’ Metadata. In this case, we retrieve and store Metadata in our platform and it’s used to build filters and their resulting ticket list
- if there’s sensitive metadata you don’t want to be stored by PlayVox, then you can contact your CSM and request for it not to be saved. Tickets’ in-depth details are only retrieved on-demand when you explore them within our platform - it is never stored at our end.
Now that you have all the data you’ll need, you can continue with the integration process.
About the data we process, it is transmitted using encrypted TLSv1.2 over HTTPS and data at rest is kept encrypted using industry standard AES-256 on EBS Volumes in Amazon Web Services (AWS) facilities in the USA.
If you’d like to know more about Integrations, we have articles on:
- Find what you can do with Kustomer + PlayVox
- Integration’s FAQs article
- Integrating PlayVox with Customer Interaction platforms
- Kustomer API introduction
Last Edited: 04.01.20