For example, you might want to implement the following rules-related calculations:
- If an agent gets a failing score on two questions (regardless of which questions) in a section, then the entire section gets a failing score.
- If an agent receives a failing score on two sections of a scorecard (regardless of which sections they failed), they fail the entire evaluation.
Adding Rules to Scorecards
Log in to Playvox and, using the top navigation bar, go to Quality > Scorecards.
After you’ve been redirected to your scorecards, click Create a new scorecard in the top right.
You’ll be prompted on how you want to start a new scorecard; choose Start from Scratch.
At the top are two header sections. In the second of the two boxes, click Add new rule.
This opens the rule-creation dialog. Begin by providing a Rule name.
Next, you will set the conditions that trigger the rule. You’ll need to tell Playvox whether you want the rule to:
- Match all of the conditions you will set or any of the conditions
- Apply to a specific question or a specific section as a whole. You can create rules that are based on:
- The conditions for any section in the scorecard
- The conditions for a specific section of the scorecard
- The specific number of failed sections on the scorecard
- The conditions for any question on the scorecard
- The conditions for a specific question of the scorecard
Finally, set the specific metric by which the rule applies (e.g., if the question/section has X number of questions that equals, is greater, or is less than the total number of points you specified, then…)
When done, click Add Condition. It saves the condition you were working on and allows you to add another.
Next, set the action(s) that you want to happen if the rule’s conditions are met. You can choose to Fail section or
If you choose the former, you can set the section that will be marked as a failure.
When done, click Add action. It saves the predetermined behavior you were working on and allows you to add another.
- Add as many conditions and action statements as you’d like
- Delete a condition or action statement by clicking on its trash can icon at any time
- Reorder the condition and action statements you’ve created anytime by dragging and dropping the conditions/actions as necessary. Rules will be executed strictly in sequential order, and rules executed later in the process may override rules executed earlier.
When you are done setting up your rules, click Finish to proceed. You’ll be redirected back to the scorecard, and you can continue to configure it as needed. Note that you don’t need to save the scorecard as a whole; Playvox autosaves your changes to the scorecard in a Draft state. You can continue editing your scorecard, and when you are ready, you can Publish it by clicking its checkmark ✔️icon (you must publish a scorecard before you use it for evaluations).
Evaluations Using Scorecards with Rules
When reviewing evaluations performed on agents, you will see visual indicators if rules were set to cause failures. For example, you’ll see if a section was failed based on logic set by rules:
You can also see if an evaluation as a whole was failed based on logic set by rules:
Since we're talking about scorecards, these articles might come in handy as well:
- Understanding PlayVox's Scorecards
- Creating quality scorecards in minutes
- Cloning Scorecards, Including Custom Fields and User Views
Last Updated: 10.08.19