By default, Playvox’s scorecards are graded on a scale of 0 to 100. However, with the addition of Bonus sections, you can allow evaluators to assign additional points over and above 100. For example, you might have a scorecard with an additional bonus section that allow users to earn an additional 20 points (for a maximum score of 120 points).
How to Add Bonus Sections to a New Scorecard
You can create new scorecards with bonus sections by going to Quality > Scorecards.
Click Create a new scorecard and in the dropdown that opens up, choose your desired method for creating a scorecard.
For the purposes of this tutorial, we will choose the Use a template option. Find the template you want to use in the Template Gallery and click Use this template. You can also, at this point, opt to create a scorecard from scratch.
You will be redirected to the screen where you can edit your scorecard. Note that each section has a Bonus section checkbox. Each section that has this box checked will be treated as a bonus section.
Please note that if you want to create a new bonus section or change an existing section to act as a bonus section, your scorecard needs to have two or more sections, with one of the sections being a normal (not bonus) section.
At this point, you can see how your bonus section by clicking Preview. In the scorecard preview, notice that the instructions for the bonus sections are displayed in light blue.
Return to the editing window for your scorecard by clicking Edit at the top right. There are several options at the bottom that you should be aware of:
- View summary: Allows you to see, via a pop-up window, all of the sections on the scorecard. The bonus sections are labeled accordingly.
- Weight: Allows you to adjust the weighting for each section, including the bonuses
- Scorecard settings: Allows you to change the settings for your scorecard. Of particular interest is the Pre-Checked setting, which (if enabled) pre-fills answers for regular sections (this setting will not apply to bonus sections)
Converting a Regular Section to a Bonus Section
You can also edit an existing scorecard (that is in Draft state and therefore has not been Published), changing one or more of its regular sections to bonus sections. To do so, go to Quality > Scorecards. Find the scorecard that you want to edit, and click its associated Edit button.
Once you have been redirected, find the section that you want to act as a bonus section. Check its Bonus section checkbox.
When you are done editing your scorecard, click Publish and follow the prompts displayed to continue.
Caveats Regarding Bonus Sections
When working with bonus sections, please keep the following in mind:
1.The data from bonus sections are not visible in select Quality reports, including:
- Errors trend per section
- Trend by correct answer
- Coaching opportunity by question
2. If a Fail All condition is met, regardless of whether a user manually assigned the fail or there is a rule doing so, the person being evaluated will get a 0%, even if they receive points on a bonus section.
3. When working in Quality > Interactions, evaluators cannot attach highlights to bonus sections; they may only be attached to regular sections.
4. No limit is added for the number of bonus points.
Remember you can always check out our documentation on:
Last Edited: 11.13.2019