This guide provides the steps required to configure Provisioning for Playvox, and includes the following sections:
- Supported features
- Configuration Steps
- Troubleshooting Tips
The following provisioning features are supported:
- Push New Users: New users created through OKTA will also be created in Playvox.
- Push Profile Updates: Updates made to the user's profile through OKTA will be pushed to Playvox.
- Push User Deactivation: Deactivating the user or disabling the user's access to the application through OKTA will deactivate the user in Playvox. Note: For this application, deactivating a user means keeping all of that user's data and the user's account but the user unable to sign in or doing new audits.
- Reactivate Users: User accounts can be reactivated in the application.
Before you configure provisioning for Playvox, make sure you have enabled the API Keys option under General Settings and any Sign-On Options Playvox site.
You can see all of the API keys that have been created for your Playvox account by going to Settings > API Keys.
If you don't see the option enabled please reach out your account administrator to
request access visibility.
More information on Assigning API Key Management Permissions to Specific Roles
In order to use the Provisioning feature you must:
- Generate your API keys.
- Enable SCIM API integration in Okta
1. How to Generate API keys
If you have a subscription that includes API access, you can call the API on-demand using the appropriate credentials. These exist as User ID and API Key pairs. Playvox offers a self-service API keys management process that allows you to generate the keys you need, modifying existing keys, and revoke keys to terminate access.
Please see Playvox Developers for full documentation on the Playvox API.
Example of API keys generated:
Enable SCIM API integration in Okta
For this step you'll need API generated keys from Step 1. Generate API keys
- Log in to Okta and add the Playvox application.
- From the application, click on the Provisioning tab and then click Configure API integration
- Select Enable API integration:
4. Enter the Playvox site tenant base URL and API keys in Base64 you created in your Playvox configuration:
SCIM 2.0 Base Url follow the structure: https://yoursubdomain.playvox.com/scim/v1
5. Click Test API Credentials. If the test passes, click Save.
6. CIick To App under Settings.
7. Click Edit and select Enable for the options you'd like to have.
- Initial activation of Okta provisioning in Playvox requires reaching out Playvox Support, (email@example.com). Please contact our team for questions during the configuration setup.
Note: When users are deactivated in Okta, they will be deactivated in Playvox. Users will not be able to login to the application, but their data will remain available as an ‘inactive user’. To permanently delete user data, contact Playvox Support, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Last Edited: 15.07.20