You can send surveys via email or SMS by downloading a CSV template and then adding survey information and uploading back to Playvox, or use our Playvox API to send the survey.
Important: Before doing this, make sure that the selected survey has already had questions added to it and is ready to be sent out. And also ensure that the agent assigned to the survey has an approved External Profile.
Sending a Survey via a CSV File
Before using this method, you'll need to create a CSV (comma-separated value) or an Excel file with the following columns:
- user_id: The agent ID used in Playvox or agent email address (mandatory). Each agent must have an approved External Profile in order for the survey to be sent.
- customer_email: Used for email messages. Customer email or customer phone number is mandatory.
- customer_phone_number: Used for SMS messages. Customer email or customer phone number is mandatory. You must add a + sign and then the country code before each phone number. For example, for U.S. numbers, this would be +01 before each phone number. Do not include any spaces in a phone number.
- customer_name: This is optional.
- reference_id: This is optional.
You can also download a CSV or Excel template containing columns for the information listed above, add the necessary customer information, and then reupload it.
To download a CSV file:
1. From the survey you want to download a CSV file for, click More > Send survey from CSV.
2. From the Send Surveys window, you can download a CSV or Excel file that contains the necessary column names by clicking CSV or Excel. If you already have this file, you can skip this step.
Note: These files contain example information in each column that should be removed and replaced with actual survey information.
3. Format your file as necessary to include all necessary survey information.
4. Click Choose File to upload your formatted file back to Playvox.
A message appears letting you know that the file has been uploaded successfully and the survey sent. You can track the survey and survey responses in the Log tab.
Using Integration Instructions to Send Survey Emails
You can connect the VoC product to your CRM to trigger the surveys automatically after an interaction is finished. Playvox provides you with the integration instructions you need to do this.
To access the integration instructions:
2. Go to VoC > Surveys.
3. Find the survey and click More > Integration instruction.
4. To send out emails or SMS messages asking users to take a survey, you will need to make the appropriate call to Playvox. As part of the call, you will need to include the VoC survey token that is automatically generated by Playvox.
Note: The API will ask exactly the same information as the CSV file. You must add a + sign and then the country code before each phone number. For example for U.S. numbers, this would be +01 before each phone number. Do not include any spaces in a phone number.
- Managing VoC Surveys
- Customizing Your VoC Email and SMS Templates
- Managing VoC Survey Users
- Sending a Test VoC Survey
- Viewing VoC Survey Reports
- Managing VoC Survey Activity
- Managing Permissions in VoC
Last Edited: 6.8.20