Managing courses involves:
- Viewing course summary information and the course list
- Add a new course
- Archive a course
- Edit a course
- Change course settings
- How to Publish a Course
- How to Enroll Learners in a Course
- How to Add and Configure a Quiz
- How to Add and Configure a Playcard Activity
- How to add and Configure a Video Activity
- How to add and Configure an Enrichment Activity
NOTE: Only managers and trainers can manage courses.
At the top of the page, you can see the counts for the total number of courses and learners enrolled. This section also contains the New Course button, for which you can find more information below.
Viewing the Course list
All courses will appear in the Course list on the Manager page. Locate the course and click the small pencil icon to edit the course. You can also archive a course.
- Any public course is visible to all learners and managers—both in the Library and in any relevant search results.
- Any private course is accessible to other managers or trainers.
Add a new course
Step 1 — At the top of the page, click the New Course button to add a new course. Enter the Course Title and a Course Description.
Add course sections
Scroll down to the Activities tab. Enter the name of the first course section, and then click the Create Section link. Do the same for all of the sections that you want to add to this course.
At the top of the page, click the Settings button to display the Course Settings sidebar.
In the sidebar window, you can configure a number of course settings:
- Order - choose whether the learner must consecutively work through the activities or may skip ahead to any activity in the course.
- Deadline - specify the number of days that the learner has to take the course, or choose a date by which the learner must complete the course.
- Skills - select the skill category that applies to this course.
It is especially important to ensure that the Privacy checkboxes are accurate:
Public - Check this box to make the course available to all learners. Leave it unchecked to keep this course private.
- Any public course will also be visible to all learners and managers—both in the Library and in any relevant search results.
- Any private course will also be accessible to other managers or trainers.
Other course requirements
You can configure other requirements that the learner must satisfy:
- Progress Required - Enter the percentage value that is necessary for this course to be considered complete.
- Quiz Required - Choose one quiz that is necessary for this course to be considered complete.
NOTE: For instructions on how to create a quiz, see “How to Create a Quiz”
Save the course
Click the Save button to close the popup window and return to the course page.
Publish the course
To publish a course, follow the instructions in How to Publish a Course. The new course will appear in the Course list on the Manager page.
Click the Publish button at the top of the page. In the popup window, click the Publish course button to confirm that you want to publish this course now.
Archive a course
On the Courses tab, scroll down and locate the course that you want to archive. Click the small archive link. The course will now appear on the Archive tab.
Edit a course
Follow these steps to edit a course.
Step 1 — Click on Manager, which displays the Courses tab by default.
Step 2 — Scroll down to the Courses list and click the small edit button of the course you want to edit.
Step 3 — Click on the Settings button and ensure that these are correct. It is especially important to ensure that the private/public checkboxes are accurate. Click the Save button to close the popup window and return to the course page.
NOTE: Only managers and trainers can see a Private course.
Step 4 — Scroll down to the Activities tab and add a new section, delete a section, or change the order of the sections.
Step 5 — Back on the course page, you’ll need to republish the course to reflect the changes. See the “Publish the Course” section above.