“With Playvox & Zendesk Chat, you will empower agents, team leaders, QA analysts, & managers with the tools & real-time intelligence needed to radically improve your customer service & revenue generation capabilities. The Playvox-Zendesk Chat integration helps teams gain total control over their quality operations, measure KPIs & see exactly what's happening in real-time.” - Zendesk Marketplace
Note: Zendesk Chat is also sometimes referred to as Zopim, but we’ll stick with Zendesk Chat for the remainder of this article.
Before You Begin
Read this article to get familiar with Playvox Integrations in general (if you haven’t already). It’s a quick read, and has some really important info.
Know that only Zendesk Account Owners may set up an integration with Playvox.
Embrace your title. You will be named a Super Admin User in Playvox once our software is configured.
Note: You may want to read up on our user roles in this article.
Create an API client
Zendesk describes an API client as a tool that “...takes care of a lot of the low-level details of making requests and handling responses and lets… (the developer) focus on writing code specific to your particular project.” You’ll need this information when connecting to Playvox, so let’s get started with the process!
1. Log in to your Zendesk account using your Zendesk Credentials.
2. Click Admin.
3. Then click on Chat under Channels.
4. After being redirected to your Zendesk Chat page, go to Settings > Account.
5. Then click API.
6. Click Add API client.
7. Fill in the required boxes with the following information:
Client Name - Playvox
Company - Playvox
Redirect URLs - https://my.playvox.com/zopim/authcode_callback
8. Click Create API client.
9. A popup window will appear with your Client ID and your Client Secret.
Note: We suggest copy/pasting these into a separate document to ensure you have the required information.
10. After copy/pasting the information to a secure document, click on Okay, got it.
Connecting to Playvox
1. Log in to Playvox with your Playvox credentials.
2. Click Settings>Integrations.
3. Click the green New button.
4. Select Zendesk chat (Zopim).
5. A popup window will appear. Fill in the following information:
Name -a unique name for your integration
Client ID - (copy/paste from previous step)
Client Secret - (copy/paste from previous step)
6. If using Zendesk Chat Phase 4 or Zendesk Chat Phase 3, it is required that you
also enter your subdomain.
Note: Check out this link if you’re unsure which version of Zendesk Chat you’re using.
7. Click Accept.
8. A popup window will appear asking you to confirm the information. Click Allow.
9. After successfully connecting to Zendesk Chat, your integration will appear in the Integrations Page.
Now that you’ve successfully integrated Zendesk Chat with Playvox, we’ll show you how to import users and manage your integration.
Select Import Users from the Actions Drop-Down menu.
You will be brought to the Import Users page where you may use the search bar to locate individual users.
2. Click the box next to the User’s name (or click the box at the top to select all) to
3. Click Import when you’ve finished selecting the Users you’d like to import. Once
imported, Users will appear under the Imported tab.
Important: Adding users will give Playvox access to personally identifiable information (PII) such as first name, last name and corporate email needed to provide our services.
4. For User Management, click Go to Manage next to the user you’d like to modify.
5. From the User Management page, you’ll be able to Edit information, Change a
User’s Role, Add User to a new team(s), etc. within Playvox. Click Save when
6. Add filters to your integration to start syncing your Zendesk interactions. Read
this article to read more about filters.
Edit or Delete the Connector
Return to Settings > Integrations.
2. Click the Actions button, then select Edit.
3. To Delete a connector, select Delete under the Actions button.
4. A confirmation message will appear. Click Accept.
You’re a Zendesk Chat (Zopim) Integration expert now! We suggest you check out these other articles if you’re craving more great information: