Community is crucial these days. Boost employee interaction and build trust within your company by giving your team an environment where they can thrive and grow together!
Administrators can set several platform-wide or community-wide defaults. This document highlights those settings.
Note: We recommend you review these settings prior to onboarding users to the platform.
General - Set platform time zone, language, and user privileges for the community wall.
Security - Set restricted IP addresses, enable CAPTCHA, and select authentication preferences.
Customer date filters - Set default time periods for application filters and create custom date range filters.
Appearance - Customize your site’s brand.
Social - Enable GIFs and Badges.
Community Groups - Create, Edit, and Search for Community Groups within your team.
1. Go to Settings > Community.
2. You will land on the General page by default, but all Community tabs are available from this view.
Name your Community, choose Spanish or English as your default language for the community, and set the community time zone in the General Tab.
Notes on time zones:
1. Playvox allows you to set IP Restrictions ensuring that only users represented by specific IP addresses may log in to the system. Check the box if you would like to enable IP Restriction. If enabled, you can:
Define specific IP addresses by entering your IP address then pressing enter
Specify an IP range using IP subnet mask syntax (E.g. 192.168.123.0/25 specifies all the IP addresses between 192.168.123.0 and 192.168.123.127).
2. You may also choose to enable CAPTCHA, an automated security service that uses a visual perception test to differentiate between humans and computers after three failed login attempts. Check the box to enable CAPTCHA.
Note: We highly recommend turning on the CAPTCHA to protect your organization from brute force attacks.
3. Playvox allows you to choose from different methods of authentication including:
Allow email and password
Allow Google Sign on for Everyone
Allow Salesforce Sign on for Everyone
Allow Zendesk Sign on for Everyone
Allow Microsoft Sign on for Everyone
Check the boxes to enable your preferred authentication methods.
Custom Date Filters
With Custom Date Filters, you can set default time periods for application filters and create custom date range filters.
Select your default time period for application filters.
Note: The data presented to users as they click through to a new page will be based on the Default date period. (E.g., Quality Evaluation reports by agent will open to the default date period you set here.) This default is applied to all Playvox products and for all users. It will be visible at the top right of your screen when applicable. To view data from a different date period from the default, simply click the date filter button and select a different time period from the drop-down menu.
2. You may also choose to create custom filters.
Click Add Custom Filter
Name the filter, and set your custom dates. Then click Save.
You may add as many custom filters as you’d like by clicking Add custom filter. You may also delete filters from this setting.
Tip: Use the custom filter if your business period does not begin or end on the first and last day of the calendar month.
Note: Custom filters will appear at the bottom of the drop-down menu when you click the time filter button. Any user, platform-wide, will have access to these custom filters in the drop down window.
Create consistency between your Playvox site and your company’s brand by customizing your site’s look. Select a color theme and upload logos by clicking on the Appearance tab.
Note: This feature is not currently available in Rocket.
1. Select your preferred theme. Each theme has a color palette associated with it that you may see by scrolling down the page. You may also choose to select your own color palette by creating a Custom Theme.
2. Upload your Logo or Square Logo by following the directions on the right side of the Appearance tab.
Note: Logos should be in PNG or GIF format, up to 140 x 36 pixels, and no larger than 30KB. Square logos support PNG and GIF extensions with a minimum of 140 x 140 pixels and no larger than 30KB.
Tip: Upload a transparent logo file to make your brand pop!
Enable GIFS and Default badges on the Social tab.
GIFS - Click the box to enable GIFs on the Community Feed.
Default Badges - Click the box to enable the creation of default badges.
With the Co-branding feature enabled, you may replace the Playvox logo for your own! Click the Co-branding tab to get started.
Note: If you don’t see the Co-branding tab, this feature may not be turned on. If you would like to enable Co-branding for your organization, please reach out to your CS specialist.
1. Write your branding name.
2. Then upload a custom logo.
Note: This image file should be in PNG or GIF format, with a maximum
resolution of 140 x 36, and a maximum size of 30KB.
3. Click Activate branding to enable. Then click Save.
Community groups allow you to segment Playvox users and create feed walls that are private and accessible only to those with the appropriate permissions. Read this article to read all about Community Groups.
Great work! Keep reading to round out your Playvox Motivation knowledge!