In this article:
What the Playvox WFM App for Slack does:
Allows Playvox WFM users to subscribe to certain events happening in Playvox WFM. These events may include:
Leave request updates and changes
Start of day events
Regular status reports
When subscribed to these events, they will push out a notification/alert through a Bot for Slack to the subscribed parties.
How does the Playvox WFM app integrate with Slack?
Using Slack’s oAuth scopes, a bot is configured to send messages/notifications based on the above configuration settings. In tech terms, certain events that occur on our side will be sent along a pipeline of sorts to Slack (depending on whether or not a user is subscribed to said event) which will then have the bot send an alert/message based on how it has been configured.
Please note our Playvox WFM App for Slack does not store or access any sensitive user data, it simply sends alerts and messages based on pre-configured events.
Need support? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through your ticketing portal/customer success team.
Add Playvox WFM Integration for Slack
1. Click the Settings Cog in the top right corner of the Playvox WFM Menu Bar.
2. Select Integrations from the admin menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
3. Click Add New.
4. Select Slack from the list of integration platform options and click Install.
Configure App Integration
1. Click on “My Integrations” under your profile drop-down menu on the right hand side of the screen.
2. Click on Currently Installed Integrations tab, then click on “Configure” for Slack
Select Add to Slack
Review the listed permissions and click the "Allow" button to allow the Playvox WFM app to access.
Note: Playvox WFM does not store any personally identifiable information except your agents' first and last names, and agent email addresses.
Submit your Playvox WFM URL and credentials
When the Playvox WFM login page loads, enter your Playvox WFM URL (ie. https://yourcompany.agyletime.io) and your Playvox WFM login credentials (email address & password) where indicated.
Click "SUBMIT" to submit your Playvox WFM credentials
Note: You will need to update the system role Notification permissions, to enable the roles to add these notifications.
Re-authorize Playvox WFM Integration for Slack
1. Click on “My Integrations” under your profile drop-down menu
2. Click on Currently Installed Integrations tab, then click on Configure for Slack.
3. Click Re-Authorize for Slack.
4. Click Allow on the next screen.
For more information on this article and to find links to other useful information, please click here!